Sunday, January 28, 2007

A new semester



So what did my roommate (Carrie Martin) and I do since we arrived on a campus a week too early? We moved! Yes, as crazy as it might be, we changed student apartments during those days of power outages, sewage issues, and crashing trees. We came back knowing that we were being booted out of our apartment because we were going from having five girls in one place last semester down to two of us. They wanted to give our apartment to a family. With the help of a staff couple and fellow students with capable trucks, we (well, I didn't!) successfully loaded and unloaded our belongings in the midst of a downpour of pelting sleet. Thanks to their willing hands, we had plenty to do while we were iced in. We love our 'new' place! Our 'new' place means that we have now joined the ranks at the old student housing so we are sharing the bathhouse with half the student body. The change is worth it to us because we have more opportunities for interaction with more students during daily life. The apartment we have now has a sink and toilet, just not a shower.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog....
I didn't realize that Carrie was your roommate..that is great. I imagine you guys have a great time together.
Love you,
Barb McAlister

Anonymous said...

Sonya, that looks great! Your apartment doesn't look too bad either.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonya! I like your blog. I like keeping updated on you ;) And thats a nice apt too. Love ya & am praying for you.