Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Here's a 'first' for ya!


Okay. I know I've been to a nursing home before, so that's not the 'first' in this entry. The 'first' for me is that, after being here for seven months, I am finally able to participate in the official off-campus ministry program! If my body (more specifically, my hip/back) cooperates, I'll be going every Tuesday from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Yesterday the Activities Director at the Home took me around and let me meet the ones that don't get as many visitors. For starters, I'll be giving my attention to the five ladies I just met. My time there will include being a listener, maybe reading to them (Scripture or other books), singing to them/with them, painting their nails etc. To serve in this way after being 'laid low' for many months is like filling my lungs with fresh air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could do it with you! You'll be a ray of sunshine on their dark and lonely world. I'm happy for you!