Thursday, June 7, 2007

Graduation Day!

Well, folks, God did it! He has brought me to another end of another beginning. Graduation was May 19th at 10:00 a.m. I graduated with 66 other students. (Some of them will be returning to complete the linguistic course. I will not. My brain doesn't work that way, so I praise God for those whose minds do. The rest of us sure need them to finish the course!) Others in our graduating class are support workers, such as pilots, dorm parents etc. It was a bittersweet day.


MY GRADUATING CLASS (I'm in the pink shirt in the front...yeah, I know, Sonya Baer is wearing pink! Click on the image for a bigger picture).





Sonya, Carrie (my personal slave - I mean, roommate!) Sophia


My New Home Baptist Church friends - Oscar and Fran Jones and Ronnie Capps


My terrific teacher Barry Richardson and his wife Carol who both put up with my incessant need for help; my nephew Jonathon


Ronda Schmidt - a good friend of mine who always put up with me during my frequent trips to the NTM bookstore


See what a good cake you missed?!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Sonya! How's it going? You look so nice in pink!

Melissa G said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Sonya! We love you and wish we could have been there to see you graduate. So glad some of your family were there!
Love, Geoff, Melissa and Elijah