Hi Sonya's friends,
It's Carrie again! I talked to Sonya this afternoon, and her "for sure unless something changes" appointment for having the screws removed is July 3rd. I forgot to mention in the last update, that she is not having these screws removed because her SI joint is better. In fact, the screws are being removed because there has been little progress over the past two years. Ideally, two years after surgery, Sonya should have increased mobility and be on the road back to "normal". Instead, she has more pain and less mobility than before her surgery. So the screw-removal will bring her "Back to square one", as the doctor says it. "Square one" is as she was in Jersey Shore, PA when I met her--able to work, cook, clean, move, and even run (on occasion!) The date seems much further off now, but it will provide her family time with a work group that is coming this Sunday, and I think more time to get ready for VBS.
Please be in prayer for Sonya as she waits for her "undoing", and for Momma and Papa Baer as they will be driving her down and back to Atlanta for the surgery (especially on the way back!!)
2 comments:
We'll be praying for you Sonya.
Last we heard the surgury was set for the 3rd so we were thinking of you yesterday.
Hope all is well.
Love you!
Post a Comment