Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blessed is the Man who has his Quiver Full

Another arrow - arrow #6 - was added to Mark and Bambie's quiver and makes the 13th grandchild in the Baer family! Joel Michael Getz was born on September 9, 2009 at 8:07 a.m. weighing 9 lbs. and 3 ounces and was 20 inches long. I was blessed to be in Duncan, OK for the birth and spend six days playing 'Aunt Sonya'. I love to see how God orchestrates our lives. Neither Bambie nor I would have thought that both of us would be living out here in OK at the time of Joel's birth. God graciously allowed us to share this moment together as sisters. Thanks, God!



In Anticipation



Big sis, Alethea, and baby brother - about 10 minutes into life in the outside world



3 Hands: Daddy's hands, big brother Jonathan's hands and lil' bro Joel



Proud,thankful & tired Mommy



Bambie's "Welcome Home" sign that Alethea made - "Welcome home to a clean (almost) house, Mom. Missed you very much!"



Big brothers Benjamin & Daniel making Joel his first birthday cake to welcome him home from the hospital



Zero years old ("J", "O", plus "A", "L") close enough!



Jonathan the day of the birth "I can't wait till Joel is here!"



I finally get MY turn!



1 comment:

Melissa G said...

Congratulations to your sister! And to YOU Auntie! Joel is precious! I can tell he is well loved by his family. I like the "0" on the cake! Cute!