Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

At least for a little while. July 21-August 5th found me back in the Appalachian Mountains. I went home for our annual week of Bible Camp and had a special time of visiting and reconnecting with family and friends, luvin' on my cat, Moses, and soaking into my senses everything I love about where I live - the mountain air, bubbling river, songs of the birds, crickets outside my window, stillness, darkness, full moon rising above the mountain ridges casting its light on the river below, enclosure, 'aloneness'...ahhh! So here are some camp scenes for you. All my siblings, their spouses and kids were there to help at camp (except for Bambie since she's out here in Oklahoma).


See, Moses wants to come with me to OK!


Our Bus Kids on their way to camp




Annual shaving cream battle


Sophia's cabin


Oatmeal game aftermath




Chapel Time




Aunt Sophia and Kate


Grandpa and Amelia


Aunt Sonya and Lydia




























Emma

No comments: