Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Four and Counting

Living near OK City for the last ten months has given me the opportunity to see several (said 'four') friends as they have passed through the area.

1. Such was the case when Dr. Delma and Edna Lee Lowery stopped by to see me in October. Dr. Lowery was one of my teachers at Southland Bible Institute in Ashland, KY. He is a Bible Expositor and I learned a lot from his teaching. He and Mrs.Lowery were holding a Bible conference in Guthrie OK and were on their way to Dallas. They spent a couple hours with the Crawfords and me before heading south.

2. Earlier in the summer I had a surprise visit from Justin Franchino - one of my fellow graduates from New Tribes Mission. Actually, the visit was a surprise for him too since he was passing through Oklahoma for a completely different reason and suddenly remembered (as he was at the OK City airport) that I was in OK too! So Valerie took us sight-seeing and gave us a tour of the National Cowboy Museum Hall of Fame and the OK City Memorial (bombing sight).

And just as a little reminder, I have also seen
3. Chris and Ginger Mackey and
4. Marty and Tess Stapleton since I've been out here. (Those visits I recorded in earlier posts.)

I never thought of OK City as 'the hub' but now I'm having second thoughts! And if any of you want to be number five, just come - announced or unannounced. I'll take it either way. :D



Dr. & Mrs. Delma Lowery



In prison at the National Cowboy Museum Hall of Fame



After touring the NCMHF, a visit to a Western Wear store is a must. Just don't buy anything. Trying it on is cheaper. And more entertaining.


SCENES fROM THE OK CITY MEMORIAL

The blue stickers were our passes into the Cowboy Museum. Franchino amused the sticker patrol by putting his in a non-conventional place.



One column says 9:01. The other says 9:03. The empty space in between shows what happened at 9:02.



9:02 - The in-between






































At the airport

No comments: